Saturday, March 14, 2020

Purple Sandpiper at Rondeau - Pie Day Birding




Happy Pie Day Everybody!  Today, I had read on the Rondeau Birding What App group that the Purple Sandpiper that had been found by Craig Anderson and Katie Bond (back on March 8th) was still there!

I had heard that the walk to see this bird on the south beach of Rondeau was an 8KM walk one way!

I tried my luck as - this is such a rare and awesome shorebird in my opinion.

Special thanks to Blake as well as the Rondeau Birding WhatsApp Group - as well as the original finder.


PS: This is only the second time I've seen this bird. The first time was back in 2013!
https://dwaynejava.blogspot.com/2013/01/purple-sandpiper-and-glaucous-gull-nice.html


Good birding!
Dwayne
















1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to get out to see this cooperative fellow, Dwayne. And now I hope you have a chance to get some rest!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...