Saturday, November 6, 2010

Searching for Northern Shrike at Malden...


Is it just me or do Golden crowned Kinglets always look upset? LOL! Anyway, I read with amazement on Friday night that a Northern Shrike was spotted at Malden Park. Wow! I went as early as I could on Saturday morning, but had no luck finding it!

I will go back and check throughout the Winter. I would love to see a Northern Shrike. I've seen a Loggerhead Shrike in Florida, but they are almost easy to see if you go to Titusville, one hour east of Orlando.

Anyway, on my search, I took some photos of common birds including:
Downy Woodpecker
Golden Crowned Kinglet
House Finch
Tufted Titmouse
American Tree sparrow (first for this Fall)
and some others.









I did not see my Northern Shrike. I will have to continue looking!

Good birding!
Dwayne

PS: Here is a Loggerhead Shrike I saw in Florida in March 2010:

1 comment:

  1. I can't help you with shrikes! I have not seen one in over a year! Weird.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...