Saturday, November 13, 2010

Last trip to Holiday Beach?



I stopped by Holiday Beach this morning, even though I knew the wind and fog conditions were not condusive to good raptor flights.

It was a slow morning as I anticipated, but it was really beautiful out. It was a wonderful morning to behold. Some noteworthy birds seen were Winter Wren (with banding), Golden Eagle, Bald Eagle (Mature and immature), several duck species including Ruddy Duck, Red tailed Hawks, Carolina Wren (heard), along with the regulars at this time of year, a generous assortment of sparrows were seen as well, including American Tree and Swampies.



I guess with the lul in good winds, that the next strong northerly wind might bring many raptors, but that will probably be a weekday that I will surely be working. I really wanted to see a Rough-legged Hawk and a Northern Goshawk, but I don't know if that will happen this year.

Good birding!
Dwayne

1 comment:

  1. I got my first and only Golden Eagle of the year yesterday (an adult).
    Perhaps you could squeeze in one more trip to Holiday Beach? Optimism.....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...