Friday, May 10, 2019

May 10th Birding at Point Pelee + Bonus Rondeau Birding May 9th






Wow - Point Pelee was pretty amazing today. I had about 90 species not counting the few shorebirds I was able to see at Hillman.

Some of the highlight birds for me today were:
  • Swallowtailed Kite that flew over my head about about 8:10am this morning near the Point Pelee Cemetery. 
  • East Beach gave stunning looks at Bay breasted, Cape May, Hooded, Blackburnian, Magnolia , Blackpoll and Yellow bellied Flycatcher. I had 4 Tanagers in the same tree at one point.
  • Kentucky Warbler, Mourning Warbler, Prairie , Canada, along with Phily Vireos dazzled. 
  • I walked 25,000 steps today at Pelee - over 18km's.
  • https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S56095726



































I was at Rondeau yesterday because I had a meeting to attend in Chatham. I went for an hour before my meeting and then a few hours in the afternoon after my meeting. It seemed a little slow at the park - and the weather was quite aweful but still - a few nice birds were seen. In particular - my FOS Lincoln's Sparrow, a Pileated Woodpecker and an Eastern Screech Owl. 

Rondeau List





Good Birding!
Dwayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...