Sunday, February 26, 2023

Conjunction of Venus & Jupiter + Early Woodcock?

 


Back on Feb 19th, I was out on my back porch looking at the sky at about 6:30-6:45 and I heard my first-of-year peent of an american woodcock! Even today (feb 26th), others have seen some in Windsor along with Eastern Phoebes. Spring is on its way.

On Wed March 1st, there will be a conjunction of the two brightest "stars" (planets) in the sky (after the moon of course)- Venus and Jupiter!  The weather in Windsor predicts clouds for Wednesday  :-( ....  I had captured the conjunction of Jupiter and Saturn a year or two ago - that can be found here: https://dwaynejava.blogspot.com/2020/12/winter-solstice-2020-conjunction-of.html .These two planets (Venus and Jupiter) will be close all week though ---- easily seen above the western horizon after dusk.

Good birding and astronomizing!

Dwayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...