Thursday, March 2, 2023

Conjunction of Venus & Jupiter (March 1st) + Woodcocks

 


American woodcocks can be heard and seen in this video. At around the 20 second mark, you can see them (a pair) rise up from the bottom right hand corner. Pretty cool! I consider myself pretty lucky to live close to the South Cameron Woodlot in Windsor which is a small island of forest, wetland and grassland. I get to see woodcocks display behind my house during early spring migration.

In the background sky of the video, you can see the two brightest planets in the solar system - Venus and Jupiter. They are surprisingly close to each other - a conjunction from our perspective.

I have heard Killdeers and even Robins staking out territory on neighborhood trees. Spring is on its way!

Dwayne  

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...