Sunday, January 3, 2021

Purple Finches & Purple Sandpipers?





Over the last two weeks, I had a nice holiday break and was able to get some birding in! I typically try to go birding on weekends --- so these most recent photos may have spanned the last 2-3 weekends! Last weekend I had tried for the Purple Sandpipers and the Hoary Redpolls and dipped on both of them!  Luckily, I did see a nice male Purple Finch at a house feeder along the road the borders the NE side of Hillman Marsh. 






Today, I tried again for the two target species, as I was convinced that my bad luck could not extend two weekends in a row and amazingly - both target species were found!

















I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year! Hopefully 2021 will be better than 2020!
Good birding,
Dwayne

Lifer Summary - Last 10 species:

Western Screech Owl 453 (AZ)
Scaled Quail 454 (AZ)
Graces Warbler 455 (AZ)
Painted Redstart 456 (AZ)
Yellow Eyed Junco 457 (AZ)
Blue throated Hummingbird 458 (AZ)
Elegant Trogon 459 (AZ)
King Rail 460
Red Phalarope 461
Scissor tailed Flycatcher 462 (June 2020)
Cave Swallow 463 (Nov 2020)
Hoary Redpoll 464 (Jan 2021)







No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...