Saturday, February 29, 2020

Wintering Eastern Meadowlark in Essex???





This morning, I talked my son into going for a drive with me through Essex - in the 'pleasent valley' area near Harrow - which often hosts some great birds - even over the winter.

Over the last few days, people have seen Red-headed Woodpecker, Eastern Bluebirds, Northern Shrikes, Eastern Meadowlarks etc. Decent birds for February!

I had gone out a few times over the last few weekends and came up short until this weekend. The Meadowlarks were not easily found. From Couture Sideroad - I noticed some small blobs in the distance in a soyabean field and luckily my eye caught light a one bird's bright yellow breast - through binoculars.  These photos are pretty heavily cropped - and this is with a 400mm lens.

Some other highlights about the outing was simply spending time with my son, seeing Rick Mayos out there as well as seeing the sun out!

Good birding!
Dwayne






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...