Saturday, June 15, 2019

Mid - June Botany Walk at Ojibway Park



This is actually Hairy Beardtongue

I had seen a local naturalist's (Mark N's) media stream and couldn't help but notice a plant that is found at Ojibway Park called Hairy Beardtongue. I had seen and photographed this in the past but I never included it in this blog!

Today being Saturday - I made an attempted to go see it this afternoon. The plant at first can seem so rare but if you walk around a little - you might notice that its pretty common!

Another amazing plant that I was able to see today was Foxglove Digitalis or Foxglove Beardtongue. Its surprisingly abundant. I had seen many plants at Ojbiway, and later as I drove along the new DRIC 401 highway - I noticed that this plant was lining the sides of the highway in a restored tallgrass prairie.


Finally , I had a chance to see an amazing orchid from Ojibway Park called Purple Twayblade (or Large Twayblade).  Its been three years since I've seen this plant with Allen Woodliffe back in Mid June 2016! The photos and lighting were better on that occasion.

Good botonizing!
Dwayne











No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...