Thursday, December 24, 2020

Snowy Owls & Christmas Wishes

A pure-white Adult Male Snowy Owl! Lighting was horrible... I know...


I was driving through Essex County yesterday, and to my amazement, I had noticed a large owl atop a telephone wire along the road. I did not want to disturb the owl, so I quickly pulled over and shot some photos from my car! Its always a treat to see owls - and this one was a little extra special since it appears to be an adult male - almost completely white!  Its nice as well for me because its self found --- I have horrible luck finding owls and rare birds in general. 

I also want to wish my blog readers a very Merry Christmas! This time of year can be stressful at times, and the pandemic we are living through is (perhaps) making things even worse - but... Just remember that this time of year (even the solstice for the non-religious) can be a time to be thankful for what we have, to reflect on the year that just passed and year ahead of  us. For me - I like to think of ways that I can improve and become a better person. 

I think one thing that unites us (anyone reading this posting) --- is that we love nature. Nature is simply the greatest show on earth. We are blessed to simply be alive, part of nature and to be able to observe and appreciate nature. 

Seeing this owl absolutely made my day yesterday. Yes, it was getting dark out and I had poor photos but I can't help but share this special sighting. 

Good Birding, and Merry Christmas!
-Dwayne

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...