Saturday, November 3, 2012

Rufous Owls and Sparrows at Ojibway

Just a quick post today .... I had some cool pics I wanted to post from over the last week or so. Highlights were several Fox Sparrows at Ojibway Park, and a Rufous Eastern Screech Owl. Also, Kelly M texted me this week about Pine Siskins at her feeders which is a pretty nice winter finch!

It was cool to see the Fox Sparrows scratch the ground looking for bugs and possibly remaining seeds. They would do this funny 'shuffle' keeping their feet beside each other and scratching back and forth. I also saw a Tufted Titmouse, which is generally easily seen in the fall and winter months near the feeders. Tufted Titmouse is one of my *sparkbirds*!
 
Only 10% of Eastern Screech Owls are Rufous
 


Thanks to Kelly for the invite to see her feeders. Siskins are like goldfinch wearing camo.


 I had a great morning at Rondeau. I got to see Blake, Steve and Ric... A few great birds are in store.

 Good birding!

1 comment:

  1. Good to see you today. Owls are always cool!
    Bohemian Waxwings tomorrow, maybe....

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...