Sunday, June 25, 2017

IO Moth & Giant Leopard Moth at Brunet Park in LaSalle




About three years ago, Steve Pike introduced me to a local moth expert - Moe Botus who I have had the chance to go mothing with at least once per season during the last few summers [link]. I've been bugging (no pun intended) Moe to invite me out when IO Moths were flying... As I had seen a picture of one posted a few years ago during an Ojibway Park BioBlitz.  Another moth that I really wanted to see was a Giant Leopard Moth... and amazingly, I was able to see both of these target moths tonight!





Another cool moth was this Small eyed sphinx moth shown below.






Just a closing note: Moe is doing a moth event at Point Pelee on July 7th, and Balsam Lake (Provincial Park) on July 28th.  Try to attend those events if you want to do a little mothing with an expert! If you go, tell him Dwayne sent you ;-p


Good Birding, Botanizing, Leping, Herping ... and Mothing!
-Dwayne






No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...