Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Bald Eagle with Interesting Prey



Back in late December, while driving along a road out in Harrow and I stopped to look at a Bald Eagle in the middle of an agricultural field. While reaching into the back seat of my car to grab my camera, the Eagle took flight and I was only able to take some diagnostic photos of the bird as it flew away. Taking a closer look at the images reveal it had caught an Eastern Cottontail Rabbit! 

Needless to say, seeing this was a hair hare raising experience.  :^p    

All joking aside, the main habitat and dietary preference for Bald Eagles is along the water's edge looking for fish but this beautiful eagle seems to have a penchant for surf and turf. 




Good birding,
Dwayne

1 comment:

  1. I don't think the bunny 'cottoned' to your humour, Dwayne :-). Eagles are opportunists, aren't they.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...