Thursday, January 7, 2010

Eastern Bluebird on Jan 7th??? ... Lifer!

Wow, after reading the latest Ojibway bird sightings page... I read that the Christmas bird count had 3 Eastern Bluebirds at Ojibway (http://www.ojibway.ca/latest.htm). I was shocked because I haven't seen a E. Bluebird ever... and I go to Ojibway at least weekly.

I have been humbled here... There are so many habitats, behaviors and diets of birds... Thrushes don't really hang out around the feeders... They were out in the grassy prairie reserve on the East side of the park...

This photo below is of poor quality, the light sucked outside, it was snowing and this bird was far from me... This is cropped and has the saturation boosted to reveal the blue... but I will post it because hey... its a lifer! :-)

1 comment:

  1. Hello Dwayne,

    Welcome to the world of blogging, but most importantly, you have found some lovely new hobbies. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...