Thursday, October 9, 2014

Hudsonian Godwit at Comber Flooded Fields

Can you spot the Hudsonian Godwit?

I stopped by the Comber Flooded Fields [map] tonight after dinner with hopes of seeing some good shorebirds. I was happy to find at least one Hudsonian Godwit.  Other shorebirds included:

1 Juvenile Hudsonian Godwit (White rump noted in flight)
100+ Killdeer
3 Lesser Yellowlegs
3 Juv White rumped Sandpipers
12 Dunlin
5 Pectoral Sandpipers
20 American Golden Plovers
5 Black bellied Plovers

Ebird List: http://ebird.org/ebird/canada/view/checklist?subID=S20183791

Side note about my Ontbirds posting tonight - I figured I would be lazy about getting the proper email for ontbirds, and simply "reply-all'ed" to a previous posting. My email program hides the subject line when a person Replys --- Thus, my posting to Ontbirds looked like I was replying to another report. I sent an email to apologize to the previous ontbird post's author. Not too big of a deal I guess but sorry about the confusion.






Good Birding!
Dwaynejava

Flashback to the Comber 3 years ago:

Oct 14th, 2011 had 20 or so Hudsonian Godwits at this spot [link]

1 comment:

  1. Pretty good results for an after-dinner birding outing!
    Where do you park when you go? I'm never sure if I'm trespassing or not.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...