Saturday, February 6, 2010

Typical Ojibway Turnout...


It was a gorgeous February day in Windsor today, so I talked my wife into going for a walk at Ojibway Park. I did a quick walk into the wildgrass preserve hoping to see an Eastern Bluebird, but nothing was there.  I went for a walk behind the Ojibway Nature center and saw the usual carolinean group of overwintering birds.

A Red-Bellied Woodpecker afforded me a few great photos in great light...




Several Tufted Titmice were hanging out as well.


Along with a Tree Sparrow & a female Cardinal.


Black capped chickadee's were all around as well... I can't wait for May!!!
I would love to see a Caronlina Wren.... I have not yet added this bird to my life list. There are so many other birds I'm dying to see. I seem to just not see some birds. I've only seen one owl in my life for example, and it was sticking its head outside of a nest box. I have to sharpen my senses!!! I can't wait for May!!!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...